So this is my first time trying out a “The Ordinary” product. This brand has been popping up on my feed for over a year now and I finally decided to give it a go! A huge shoutout to Zaré mod! I’m so glad they decided to sell these unique skin care brands which I’ve been dying to get my hands on.
I wasn’t paid to do this review. I bought the product myself and this is my honest review.
First Impression of the Brand:
The brand has targeted all types of skin along with the end number of skin issues people face on a regular basis. They have made their products as extraordinary as possible keeping in mind the affordable prices. I find it extremely rare to find a brand that actually works and is affordable for everyone. Also an is, they are cruelty free!
First Impression of the Product:
The packaging is very simple. It comes with a dropper on top. Very efficient and travel friendly. It contains about 30 ml.
What it contains:
- 30% alpha hydroxyl acids (glycolic/lactic/tartaric/citric) – Exfoliates the skin’s superficial layer to reveal an even toned brighter skin.
- 2% beta hydroxyl acid (salicylic acid) – Clears pore clogging.
- Hyaluronic acid – helps in collagen production which keeps skin supple.
- Vitamin b5 – Helps to moisturise, soothe, heal and regenerate skin.
- Black carrot – Its an antioxidant which protects the skin from free radicals.
- Tasmanian pepperberry – It reduces the irritation that might be created by the acids used.
So basically, this product has a deep exfoliation feature to improve the appearance of skin texture while fighting visible blemishes. It reduces fine lines and improves skin radiance provided you use it continuously.
- Use this in the PM.
- Once a week!
- Clean face and wait till dry.
- Apply THIN layer all over face. Avoid eye contour and contact with eye!
- Do NOT leave on for more than 10 mins.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Use SUNSCREEN during sunlight exposure.
P.S: I would suggest doing a patch test before applying all over face. Slight tingling/burning sensation is normal (This can differ according to your pain threshold). But if it is alot, consult a physician. Limit sun exposure since your skin will be sensitive and it MIGHT cause sunburn.
Result & Review:
So after the first time I used this, I could see my skin was glowing and it felt like a babys butt literally! Over the week I could see slight difference in my texture. I did expect my skin to peel but it has’nt till now. Slightly grateful for that lol. My skin barely looks dull now and I love the glow (I mean who doesn’t?). I am still testing out whether this will reduce my acne scars. Oh well its just been 3 weeks, so I will come back with an updated review.
Sending Lots of Love and Good Skin!