If you’re a pasta lover like me, then you should try this recipie for sure!
Yields : 5 servings| Prep time : 15 mins | Cooking time : 10 mins | Total time : 25 mins
3 Cups Penne Pasta ( I used Whole Wheat Pasta )
3 tbsp Cajun Spice Mix
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded & sliced
1 box white button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 large red onion, sliced
Salt to taste
3 whole tomatoes, diced
I used a whole carton of “Puck Tomato Sauce with Cream”
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when the pasta reached ideal consistency.
- Marinate the Chicken in Cajun Spice Mix.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Cook the chicken for 1 min each side until brown. Remove and keep aside on a clean plate.
- Add remaining butter and oil. When heated add garlic, red pepper and onions. Saute for 2 minutes and add the mushrooms. Cook over high heat for few minutes until the vegetables brown. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove all the vegetables from the skillet and keep aside with the chicken.
- Add the tomato sauce in the skillet and stir it for few seconds.
- Finally, add the chicken and vegetables to the sauce. Stir and cook until bubbling hot.
- Add the drained pasta and mix well.
- Top with garnish and you’re GOOD TO GO!