If you have kids this is the BEST recipe to get your hands on or if you have a crazy sweet-tooth like me! Tried and tested lol. These are sooo chewy and easy to make.
Yields:30 or more | Prep time:40 mins | Bake time:14 mins/batch | Total time:54 mins
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups semi-sweet/milk chocolate chips
LETS GET COOKING!
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together brown sugar, white sugar and melted butter until blended well. Add the vanilla extract and eggs. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients until mixed well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a small ice cream scoop, drop the cookie dough 2 inches apart in the baking tray which is lines which a baking sheet.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes and remove them from the oven before they brown completely. they might look uncooked but will harden as they cool. They should have an incredible chewy texture!
- Let cool and store in an air-tight container.